dimanche 16 août 2009

The very first show...



So we get back to maladie's room to load the van... We quickly realise it gonna be overloaded! We try a sort of tetris but we know it gonna change tomorrow!
Driving to the venue, i just don't remember, but it was night already... We got there and there already were some people, i don't know if we're late or not, it seems not. There's stairs and we have to carry all the equipment, first round! Fortunatly we're a lot!
Let's set everything and wait, have bad jokes and meet new friends! Someone makes me taste tequila with raspberry or another berry, not bad!
Maladie will play first, it's ok i just can't wait to see them "live", floor show many friends it sounds like a plan! It's kind of good one, people start to get into, some know the lyrics, but they have to stop cause of schedule time, too bad i'd like to play more songs...
Then it's national disaster, a heavy crust band from Juarez. They have long slow parts and then it's d-beat, welldone but i must confess this is not my stuff, so i get out and talk with Sosa and René...
Now we must play, I'm a bit drunk and very excited, it's the first one, and there is much pressure we need to get out... I fall on Nicolas during intro and then it's very chaotic, wow it seems it gonna be difficult, Clément has problem with his amp or his pedal, so the beginning is a bit messy... But people are embracing very much à la cool!
We're running into it and at the end of the set: bad luck... I just hit Pierre's bass so bad, I immediatly feel it's warm and see the blood coming out and spreading on the floor... It's over and my eyebrow is cut very bad... I ask people to go to the hospital or somewhre cause I truly think I need stiches, so I get my friend on panic... FInally Sergio and Allie take me to see Sergio and Fernando's dad, he 's a medic... It's almost midnight but he took me to his office, there he put some glue on my wound, we have a bit fun and take pictures, I feel better and i don't know what to do to be thankful, I feel a bit awkward suggesting to pay for it cause i knew he would not charge me for that... So nice! We go back to the house...
We spend the night to talk each other, I know I should go to sleep but...
I remember shared a lot with Sergio and Allie... They have very much in common concerning job, studies or apprenticeship and it's nice, sometime i go to see them and it seems to be a nice talk... I go upstairs and then my eye starts to get fat wow it's like if i were passing out, where's the bathroom... I need to lay down, after Pierre looked after me I chose the bed for that night, and I know it's not gonna be a good one... Oh i must mention that Satie played while i was with medic daddy, so i missed their show...