mercredi 19 août 2009

Da grand SATAN

We're just 7 in the van and it has 8 seats, I seat in the front and i start to feel this luxury... We're on the way to San Diego and the others would join us there, cause some have family and relationships must as we're leaving for a 18 days tour... Thinking about it, I must confess that I really needed to leave my everyday life...
We're getting closed to the border and we're stocked in the traffic but it's better than expected and Mexican border has sort of fiesta air... There are many souvenirs sellers, and they have some unexpected stuff as big wooden turtles, or huge christian crosses and else, we just got some fresh watermelon! Then Nicolas wanna buy one of those small ridiculous acoustic guitars, i started to deal with one guy, Nicolas gave a try to the guitar but found it not good, and i had to explain that to the seller... I got nervous, haha!
Passport checking, then car scan, then everyone out of the van, stand here, don't move, dog and soldiers, there a kind of problem... this border is a problem, i did not understand everything at that time, but i guess that Isaac would have to pay some extra fees for the backline we should have declared, or something like that...
We stopped after the border to change money... that was boring!
Then we stopped in a music store... wow looks like a mecca for any musicians, but well ok it's just tons of guitars and amps and other shits, but the funny story is that one of the seller wanna buy us a LP and promise to show up tonight at the concert! Of course he did not show up!
Ok Ché Café... Should have been legendary, but i don't know i feel awkward there, i don't if it's the intellect or my eye, or maybe the fact that there is no beer or even no food, despise the big size kitchen they have there!
We played ok, Rogue state was like hell on earth that destroyed it all... I guess my eye got worse and we have to pack and say goodbies to our new mexican friends...
Then guess what we drove till a music store, actually Nick, who put the show up, works there! Cool place and Pierre is deeply looking for "his heeero ist gooone" and lamp wreeest" records, good for him he got some... I started to buy a lot of records there!
After that, guess what... we went to eat a burrito, ridiculously big, Nicolas and Romain took one with rice, beans and potatoes plus the hot salsa sauce i guess it was way too much for their stomach!
Then we got to Nick's place, nice suburbs of San Diego, nice house with a garden and tons of dvd and records... Some played video games, some were not, i chose the front porch and enjoyed my first Bud in America! That time with my swollen eyes i felt like an American!
I woke pretty early in the morning, so i took time to have a shower and my eye looks better... hours later when everyone woke up my eye was almost totally closed, we call Nick's mother, she's a nurse and she told the worst story ever... "you'd better go and see a doctor or to the hospital, that's the eye it could get infected, you could lost it, do you have headache, did you lost consciousness"! Good for me no headache and i'm awake... Nick gave me a super cream to put on my eye and we decide to check for a clinic or something in Los Angeles if it does not get better...
So back in the van again!